Author Topic: "Adrift"  (Read 57 times)

damarri

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
"Adrift"
« on: July 03, 2018, 09:06:53 AM »
With a great sense of anticipation,  Ute and I went to see "Adrift" last night........  I think it COULD have been a great film. 

As sailors we can always sit and pick holes in sailing films and we certainly did that a few times.........  Their preparation for the storm was too late, inadequate and frankly,  just plain wrong.  There were some good computer graphics,  the dialogue wasn't great but in truth, these people were not film stars acting out a "thriller" so it was probably pretty much on a level with how yer average yottie would speak.  However the main problem for me was that the film is a series of flashbacks and throughout it you are going backwards and forwards........  There were lots of shots of lovely places which gave quite a nice "feel" of the cruising lifestyle and there is a twist at the end which I won't give away,  but the film starts immediately after the storm so you know pretty much what is going to happen and therefore there is a lack of "build up" or suspense.

It is based on a true story and there is no doubt that "Tami" is a remarkable lady and did amazingly well to survive.......   and as we learn at the end, is still sailing.

I give it 8 out of 10  ;)

Paul