Author Topic: Archive request - call for help  (Read 102 times)

Guzzirich

• View Profile
Archive request - call for help
« on: May 30, 2018, 10:29:48 AM »
Hi All,

I have begun trying to digitise some early logbooks that recorded the early voyages of 'Gwenili'. For more recent members she was the boat owned by former commodore Brian Humby and his wife, Freda. The logs include references to other boats in some of the entries, one or two names have a ring of familiarity but I have no real knowledge of them. So, the names 'Matariki', 'Tringa' a schooner 'Revett', 'Concord', 'Majority', another schooner 'Lora' (she may have been a Deben boat?), 'Wild Gull' (Gooderhams - an OYC boat?), 'Thalassa' (a barge??) and 'Tymah' mean anything to anyone?

As a resident of Gloucestershire, it is difficult to call by the clubhouse to peruse the archives in person but I hope to get across sometime this year. Any help appreciated.

Rgds,

Rich Humby

damarri

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Archive request - call for help
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 09:20:42 AM »
Rich,  as a relative newcomer to Pin Mill I'm afraid I can't help much but I suggest you should also send a piece to Sara Hopkinson for the Newsletter as I think most of the longer standing members who might remember these boats,  are not on this new-fangled Forum thingy but do read the Newsletter.....?

Paul