BBC Radio 4 podcast -
Writer Jonathan Gornall has attempted to row across the Atlantic twice. On the second attempt he nearly drowned but his relationship with the sea has continued. Today he spends his time at Pin Mill in Suffolkwhere he has just built a small sailing boat for his daughter and he hopes the boat will teach her to love the sea too. Helen Mark meets him and the boat building community who live beside the River Orwell to discover the great history of sailing which remains at the heart of Pin Mill today.
- Starting at. 11am from the Measured Mile off Clamp House, and finishing off the RHYC clubhouse.
- Usually a 3-4 hour race round the cans outside the harbour or a river course if too windy
- Not too serious- a wide variety of boats take place
- Take a radio and register with the RHYC Race boat- The Lion- on channel M1
- Prizes for the first Pin Mill boat home
- If you fancy a go as crew only let me know and we’ll try and find a spare berth with a Pin Mill boat